Last Updated: July 31st 9:30 am. Last Reviewed: No further updates as of August 7th 3:00pm
Following the recent issue relating to the positive COVID-19 cases within the Logan region, Football Brisbane held an urgent club’s meeting via Zoom on Wednesday evening to address the situation and concerns raised.
Due to a number of students and staff from the Parklands Christian College who are also either players or volunteers at Park Ridge Football Club; this has resulted in a significant impact upon the club’s operations which has resulted in all football activity at Park Ridge FC being suspended until further notice.
Due to this impact, all fixtures at Hubner Park this weekend have been postponed and any fixtures where Park Ridge FC teams were playing away, will not proceed.
Essentially any fixture where Park Ridge FC was scheduled to play this coming weekend, will not go ahead. See below the full list of fixtures.
Football Brisbane will be working closely with the club to determine the next course of action for future fixtures.
We will continue to update information as it evolves and becomes available to us.
We would also like to thank and acknowledge the Park Ridge FC committee for their swift response and precautions taken at this difficult time.
Further, as a reminder of football’s role within the broader community, Football Brisbane urges all those involved in the game to follow any directives from Queensland Health. This includes the self-quarantine of any individuals who were present at the below locations at the relevant times and dates. You are also asked to contact 13 HEALTH (13 43 25 84) if in this situation.
- 21 July 2020 – Virgin flights VA863 – Mel – Syd and VA977 – Syd – Bne
- 22-23 July 2020 (9:30am-6pm) – Parklands Christian College, Park Ridge
- 23 July 2020 (7-9pm) – Madtongsan IV Restaurant – Sunnybank
- 23 July 2020 (9:25pm) – Heeretea -Bubble Tea Shop – Sunnybank
- 23 – 24 July 2020 – YMCA Chatswood Hills Outside School Hours Care – Springwood
- 23 – 24 July 2020 (3:30-5:30pm) – Primary Medical and Dental Practice – Browns Plains
- 26 July 2020 (6:30-9:30pm) Thai Peak Restaurant – Springfield
- 27 July 2020 – Cowch Dessert Cocktail Bar – Southbank
- 27 July 2020 – P’Nut Street Noodles – Southbank
- 28 July 2020 – African Grocery Shop – Woodridge (Station Rd)
- 28 July 2020 (12.25pm-12.30pm) – Primary Medical and Dental Practice – Browns Plains
- 28 July 2020 – Chatime Grand Plaza – Browns Plains
Anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19, even if they are mild, must get tested. A number of Fever Clinic times have been extended:
Logan Hospital Fever Clinic – 8am-9pm – Wednesday 29 July-Thursday 30 July.
QEII Hospital Fever Clinic – 8am – 9pm – Wednesday 29 July-Friday 31 July.
Parklands Fever Clinic (school community testing) – Closes 7pm tonight. Opens 9am tomorrow.
Orion Springfield Central Shopping Centre western car park (pop up clinic) – 9am-4pm – Thursday 30 July-Sunday 2 August.
Football Brisbane reminds all those involved with the game of the following important points:
- All clubs must ensure they are meeting contact tracing and attendance tracking requirements through the use of the QR code reporting system provided by FQ, or another method.
- Please do not attend football activities if you feel unwell. If you attend football activities when unwell, it puts other members of the community at risk as well as the future football season.
- Follow directives from the Chief Health Officer and Queensland Health, especially those that may have been in close contact with someone from Parklands Christian College. If you feel unwell and have flu-like symptoms, please get tested as soon as possible.
CLUB, PLAYER & COACH RESOURCES
Click to download, view and use –
- Club COVID-19 Checklist
- COVIDSafe Coordinator Role Description
- Coach COVID-19 Factsheet
- Player Parent COVID-19 Factsheet
- Screening Questions
- Unwell Participant Workflow
- COVID Case Reported at Club